Rep. Waters, Rep. Lee and Rep. Woolsey Invite Leading Authors on Iraq To Discuss Their Findings
On Monday, January 29th, U.S. Representative Maxine Waters (CA-35), chair of the "Out of Iraq" Congressional Caucus, Representative Barbara Lee (CA-9) and Representative Lynn Woolsey (CA-6), Co-Chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus have organized a book fair and roundtable discussion with the leading authors of books on the Iraq war. The event, which will take place 2:00pm to 4:00pm in 1100 Longworth House Office Building (Ways & Means Committee Room), is open to members of the public, and the press.
Authors confirmed to participate include:
• Mr. Aaron Glantz, author of How America Lost Iraq;
• Ms. M. M. Chantiloupe, author of Iraq: The War That Shouldn't Be - You Decide;
• Mr. David J. Danelo, Blood Stripes: The Grunt's View of the War in Iraq;
• Mr. Anthony Arnove, Iraq: The Logic of Withdrawal;
• Mr. John Prados, Hoodwinked: The Documents that Reveal How Bush Sold Us a War;
• Ms. Kirsten Holmstedt, Band of Sisters: American Women at War in Iraq;
• Mr. Paul Joseph, Are Americans Becoming More Peaceful?;
• Mr. James Bamford, A Pretext for War: 9/11, Iraq, and the Abuse of America's Intelligence Agencies;
• Mr. Paul Rieckhoff, Chasing Ghosts: A Soldier's Fight for America from Baghdad to Washington;
• Mr. Kenneth J. Campbell, A Tale Of Two Quagmires: Iraq, Vietnam, And The Hard Lessons Of War;
• Antonia Juhasz, The Bush Agenda: Invading the World, One Economy at a Time.