Congresswoman Maxine Waters serves as Ranking Member of the Financial Services Committee.
Congresswoman Waters also serves as member of the Steering and Policy Committee, making her an integral part of the House Democratic Leadership led by Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer and Assistant Democratic Leader James Clyburn.
Additionally, Congresswoman Waters is an influential member of several Congressional caucuses and task forces:
- Congressional Black Caucus, former Chairwoman
- Congressional Progressive Caucus, co-founder
- Congressional Task Force on Alzheimer’s Disease, co-chair
- Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission
- Congressional Diabetes Caucus